Monday, April 15, 2013

Final Project Work in Progress

For my project I plan on getting the viewer to think  about themselves. To reflect on their personal image. The final piece will have a bunch of these eyes to the left printed on transparent paper and glued onto a broken mirror.

When people look into a mirror it is to see their own physical appearance before they go out in public or seeing someone they know. The mirror can only show you as deep as the eyes can see. A mirror can make a person feel very confident or very self conscious; you want to hide any blemishes you can before anyone else sees them. Now, with the eyes being placed on top of the mirror, it represents all the public attention one thinks they receive when they go out in the world.

This project is suppose to allow allow all viewers to take a moment and reflect on exactly why he/she is looking in the mirror. Is it to perfect yourself? Is it because of insecurities? Just why? Depending on the reasoning why you look into a mirror on a normal way will affect the way you feel when you look into a mirror with many many eyes staring back at you when you're at your most vulnerable situation.

I plan to create this piece at a medium size. I can't give specifics because the size will depend on how the mirror cracks. I think if it were to be too large it would be less personal and too small would cause it to be not personal enough. The prints of the eyes will be all different sizes and will be placed everywhere ove the mirror. I would want my final piece to be displayed traditionally on the wall at eye level.

All the feedback I want from my classmates at this point in time is if my project would be better off with a shattered mirror or a completely broken mirror?


No comments:

Post a Comment