Monday, April 22, 2013

Final Cumulative Acts Project- "Doodles" project statement

Creating art over a set period of time is definitely a different experience from the norm. For my Cumulative Acts project I chose to draw a doodle each day starting March 22 and until April 22. The doodle was drawn on a white piece of copy paper and was completely intuitive; by that I mean I drew with out looking at the paper and then tried to make out an image out of it. I then copied the image onto canvas within a grid and painted the rectangle a certain color according to what day it was.

The decision I made on how to display my final presentation was based on the act I was doing. Once I decided to draw doodles each day I realized I wanted to display the final piece in a relatively organized way since the act of creating the piece was very unorganized. Because of that, I chose canvas as my material and a grid as the organization. I also decided to display the piece in a traditional matter by hanging it on the gallery wall so that it will be most effective to the viewer.  Each day of the week was assigned a specific color so the viewer can see the relation between the days. My piece began on a Friday which is purple, Saturday-orange, Sunday-blue, Monday-red, Tuesday-yellow, Wednesday-teal, and Thursday is green. 

The unorganized way of creating the day-to-day doodles led me to want some sort of organization in the final piece. So the process of making is shown within each drawing. Each day contained a new drawing and I never felt the same way each day nor did I make the doodle the same time each day. These two variables definitely had an effect on what the outcome was. Sometimes I would be extremely tired and other times I just didn't feel like working on the project. The viewer can clearly see the how each day affected each doodle. To me, that is the most interesting part of this entire project.

No comments:

Post a Comment