Monday, March 25, 2013

Muybridge Minicinema- City Driving

 I decided to reanimate Muybridge's image sequence by adding/changing the background. I took each frame and cut out everything but the horse and the rider one by one and then added the backgrounds.  I chose to begin the animation with an outdoors scene, where a horse is normally found. Then the horse travels into the city. I wanted to show how horses have always been used for many things, including travel. Although, horses aren't our main sources of travel anymore and we have evolved to mechanical transportation, many people still own horses. They are beautiful creatures and deserve to have a lot of land to roam around in. This shows that if a horse were to break free the only place it could go would be somewhere industrialized, like a city. Humans have almost completely started living and using human made or machine made products. We are loosing the beauty of naturally made resources.

I did use appropriate imagery in this project to form my background. I did not violate copyright law because I used them to create a message for my viewers. I formed a parody, even though it's not funny, it is kind of funny because you don't normally see horses in the city. I also manipulated the city picture by cutting and pasting. The buildings are from one picture and the cement ground is from another picture. They all come together to educate the viewer through the message it gives.

1 comment: