Monday, February 25, 2013

Artistic Mapping Proposal

I plan on mapping out music. I want to map out either one song or multiple songs to compare them. For one song, I plan on marking the duration a note is sang with a line (the length of the line will depend on the duration) and then depending what words are sang there will be a different color to represent that word. (I want to do something with rhyming words).  I'm not sure about the shape or layout of the overall piece, but I think I want to take an abstract approach towards it. For multiple songs, I was thinking about comparing the beats of each song. A different color for each song and then I would just mark the beats of each song accordingly.

I am really interested in this visual map of music because I think it would be satisfying to see the music I listen to daily visually right in front of me. I love music and to see a song(s) as an image would be a new and different representation. I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I am excited to see how you will visualize sound! Have you decided which song or songs you will map? There is a music section on the Visual Complexity Website that you may want to check out for inspiration if you haven't already:

    Visual Complexity Music

    ReplyDelete