Wednesday, January 23, 2013

H2O

My creation of H2O came about when I got the idea of animating an ordinary everyday object. I thought of many things that I use each day, but then I wanted the object to be very familiar and that almost everyone uses or has used at some point in their life. That was when I realized what the perfect object would be and I decided upon a plastic water bottle; I never leave without one!

As I started thinking of this whole process there were many actions that I wanted to execute, but I didn't know exactly how nor did I have some of the materials that could assist me. These challenges were somewhat easy to work around, it was just a matter of forcing myself to let go of the idea and think of a new way to make my animation happen. For example, I wanted to show the water bottle hopping up and down in some scenes, but if I used my hand it would have been in it and if I were to use an object to prop it up, that would have been seen too. I didn't think about editing it out in the future, but now that I look back I probably could have. I could have also used different camera angles to show what I wanted.

I wasn't too sure what message I wanted to get across to the viewer, but it came to me as I was working on this project. The way I perceive my animation is that in life, there is always going to be obstacles and challenges, whether they are big or small, to get the necessities you need. The path to success can have its troubles, but then there are those moments that are smooth sailing! What happened to the water bottle was that it ran out of water and needed to get to the sink to fill up and move on. On its way to the sink there were a few little obstacles it had to overcome to get where it needed to be. Even though it fell down, it got right back up and the water bottle kept on moving. It was determined to reach its goal! After it was filled up, it went to the fridge like it was supposed to and succeeded!

My animation portrays a very light hearted mood and has a very universal meaning, which is important to me because it allows me to connect with a wider range of people!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed watching your animation! I liked how you started and ended your animation with drawings. Then you progressed to a real water bottle moving around your kitchen looking for more water to fill itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work bringing this inanimate object to life!

    ReplyDelete